UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor zeph
Visitor

ZCU102 Can PL has two UART (UART2 and UART3)?

Jump to solution

Hello,

My PL design needs two UART, but I only have uart2_pl (as allowed by the connection automation for AXI Uartlite). How can I use UART3 for PL?

Is there any other ways to enable two UART in the PL?

Thank you very much.

4.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: ZCU102 Can PL has two UART (UART2 and UART3)?

Jump to solution

You can add as many UARTS to the PL as you have room in the PL.  For the ZCU102, there is only one set of pins that are hardwired on the board to connect PL to the CP2108 UART device.  Any extra UARTs would have to be mapped to available IO pins on the board such as the PMOD headers.  There are UART PMOD modules that you can use to connect to your PC.

https://store.digilentinc.com/pmod-usbuart-usb-to-uart-interface/

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Observer anmol_8496
Observer

Jump to solution
if you want multiple uart at a time. Then you write HDL code for UART and this UART mapped on PMOD pins.
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

You can add as many UARTS to the PL as you have room in the PL.  For the ZCU102, there is only one set of pins that are hardwired on the board to connect PL to the CP2108 UART device.  Any extra UARTs would have to be mapped to available IO pins on the board such as the PMOD headers.  There are UART PMOD modules that you can use to connect to your PC.

https://store.digilentinc.com/pmod-usbuart-usb-to-uart-interface/

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post