UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rainbow_dash
Visitor

ZCU102 PS_ERR_OUT during initial setup

Good morning everyone,

I saw other posts about this problem but none of the solutions stick to my problem.

I just receive a ZCU102 and I was trying to do the "Quick start guide". But I´m block at the step 2. Indeed I don't have the three green led for good power (I just have a red one on PS_ERR_OUT).

I did the switch configuration right but it's still not working. Do you have any ideas to solve my problem please ?

(which not included any re-programmig Maxim Power module ) Thanks !

6 Replies

Re: ZCU102 PS_ERR_OUT during initial setup

Hello @rainbow_dash,

Please contact your distributor or channel through which you have purchased the board.

They will help you open the service request for the debugging.

Meanwhile please check if all the board settings are on default.

Please note we have seen cases where reprogramming the power controller has resolved such query.

The power controller GUI will help you track the specific rail and its conditions. There is a chance that onboard power controller has lost it's code or it has been corrupted.

Please try the SCUI utility provided by Xilinx to check the power rails current status. Please refer XTP433 from below link:

https://www.xilinx.com/search/support-keyword-search.html?searchKeywords=xtp433

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor rainbow_dash
Visitor

I already did it but they can't help me and said I need to ask to Xilinx directly because they don't have the expertise for.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Do you solved that? The same behaviour happened in my new ZCU102 board, and I don't know how to solve it. :/

Thanks,

baldrism

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rainbow_dash,

1. Please go through the Debug Checklist of ZCU102, in AR#68386.

2.If board is getting detected through Vivado hardware manger, then perform Flash Restoration as mentioned in ZCU102 Restoring Flash Tutorial (2018.2) and provide results of this procedure. Please download required files from this link rdf0383-zcu102-restoring-flash-c-2018-2.zip. After this step still PS_ERR_OUT LED is RED, please go for next step mentioned below.

3. Please check PMU_Global error status register, what error is contains ?( regarding to PS_ERR_OUT signal).

1. You can read PMU_Global error status register, in PetaLinux by using following command :  1. devmem 0xFFD80530 (for error status 1) and 2.  devmem 0xFFD80540(for error status 2).
    2. You can read PMU_Global error status register, in SDK by using following command :  1. mrd 0xFFD80530 (for error status 1) and 2.  mrd 0xFFD80540(for error status 2).

If you carry out 3rd step please share the value present in ERROR STATUS 1 and ERROR STATUS 2 registers.

Thanks and Regarsd,

Deepak D N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give Kudos or Mark it as an Accepted Solutions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor dtyu
Visitor

I receive the ZCU102 board two weeks ago and have the same problem when I followed the instruction (https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842112/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Ubuntu+part+1+-+Running+the+Pre-Built+Ubuntu+Image+and+Power+Advantage+Tool).  It is frustrating that Xilinux does not even bother to ship the board with a bootable SDK.    Customers have to debug the same problem again and again.   I am thinking to return the ZCU board because I wasted lots of time to be Xilinux's tester. Sorry,  that is the way how Xilinux treats the customer.

Visitor siriuxliu
Visitor

Hi, Deepak,
We got a similar issue and carried out the third step:
ERROR STATUS 1 is: 0x04000000.
ERROR STATUS 2 is: 0x00000000.
Any help will be appreciated!
0 Kudos