Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

ZCU102 UART ports doesnt show up in device manager

Jump to solution

Hello

I am using ZCU102. I have to connect Putty with ZCU102 UART. But in my Device Manager, the four USB ports doesnt show up. 

1- I have already installed Silicon labs latest USB-to-UART drivers.

2- I have another ZCU102-ES2 board. and UART ports of this board does show up in device manager. 

3- I am also not able to connnect SCUI

Could you please guide me how to solve this issue ?

Best Regards

Rizwan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rizwantariq ,

Note : For installing USB UART Driver version 6.7 there is no need of uninstalling Windows 10. On Windows 10 you can install 6.7 Driver version even though it is not offically supported as per silicon labs website.

I obsereved that even after Installing USB UART Driver version 6.7, Silicon Ports are not visible. i.e cable is not identified in Device manager. There is a issue in ZCU102 board.

ZCU102 Board ES2 board is fine and if you facing SCUI GUI is unresponsive. then please try installing SCUI 2016.4 and follow this AR#68521. It will work. 

Regarding ZCU102 board you can try installing SCUI 2016.4. If still SCUI GUI is unresponsive. Board has issue. You can proceed to file a devsys RMA case if your board is under 90 days warranty.

Or Whizz Systems are our contract manufacturer and official Xilinx Design Partner.

They are best placed to repair Xilinx Development Systems Products (Boards and Kits) at the cost of the customer.
Please  use the following Whizz Systems contact:

Regards,
Deepak D N
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please reply or give kudo or mark it as an Accepted Solution.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rizwantariq ,

1. ZCU102 board revision? OS and vivado version?

2. Please download USB UART Driver Version 6.7 and try detecting the cable in device manager and share the result.

3. Can you confirm me that, you are correctly connecting USB UART cable to UART port of ZCU102 Board? If yes proceed for next step.

4. Please go through this debug checklistZCU102 Debug Checklist, and confirm me till Step 4 you are fine?

5. you were able to detect those 4  Ports in device manager in ZCU102 ES2 board with same cable you were using in ZCU102 board?

Are you using the same cable in ZCU102 board? ( If no, please try, so that we can isolate the issue it is not due to cable).

Regards,

Deepak D N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Deepak

1. ZCU102 board revision? OS and vivado version?
ZCU102 Rev 1 (producation scale) . OS is windows 10, Vivado Versoin is 2017.3

2. Please download USB UART Driver Version 6.7 and try detecting the cable in device manager and share the result.
USB UART Driver Version 6.7 is for windows Windows 7/8/8.1.
previusly i installed Windows 10 Universal (v10.1.4). now i have unistall them and install driver version 6.7 . i am facing the same issue.
below i posted the picture, how does it show when 1) i connect zcu102 board 2) i connect zcu102 es2 board.

3. Can you confirm me that, you are correctly connecting USB UART cable to UART port of ZCU102 Board? If yes proceed for next step.
Yes, i confirm that i am connecting the cables correctly. because i connect the same cables, in the same manner to zcu102 es2 board. the the uart ports doest show up in that board.

4. Please go through this debug checklist ZCU102 Debug Checklist, and confirm me till Step 4 you are fine?
i followed the checklist.
a) Switch / Jumper Settings are fine. in both boards they are same.
b) Board Power LEDs are also fine. in both boards i see the same status of LEDs
c) Cable detection: this things works fine in zcu102-es2. so doest it mean that i cable detection is also fine ? i didnt install Digilent plug-in and Adept systems 2.4 .i assume all the enviroment varialbes should be fine as well. because i am able to run everything fine on zcu102-ES2 board

5. you were able to detect those 4 Ports in device manager in ZCU102 ES2 board with same cable you were using in ZCU102 board?
Yes. i am using the same cables in both boards.

vivado detects both boards. I am able to program both boards via Vivado hardware manager.

Best Regards
Rizwan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

when i connect zcu102 FPGA. only one prt shows up, only after when i switch on the FPGAwhen i connect zcu102 FPGA. only one prt shows up, only after when i switch on the FPGAall four ports show up in zcu102-ES2 in both cases. 1) when fpga is switch ON 2) when fpga is switch OFFall four ports show up in zcu102-ES2 in both cases. 1) when fpga is switch ON 2) when fpga is switch OFF

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rizwantariq ,

Note : For installing USB UART Driver version 6.7 there is no need of uninstalling Windows 10. On Windows 10 you can install 6.7 Driver version even though it is not offically supported as per silicon labs website.

I obsereved that even after Installing USB UART Driver version 6.7, Silicon Ports are not visible. i.e cable is not identified in Device manager. There is a issue in ZCU102 board.

ZCU102 Board ES2 board is fine and if you facing SCUI GUI is unresponsive. then please try installing SCUI 2016.4 and follow this AR#68521. It will work. 

Regarding ZCU102 board you can try installing SCUI 2016.4. If still SCUI GUI is unresponsive. Board has issue. You can proceed to file a devsys RMA case if your board is under 90 days warranty.

Or Whizz Systems are our contract manufacturer and official Xilinx Design Partner.

They are best placed to repair Xilinx Development Systems Products (Boards and Kits) at the cost of the customer.
Please  use the following Whizz Systems contact:

Regards,
Deepak D N
Please reply or give kudo or mark it as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Deepak D N

View solution in original post

0 Kudos