UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

ZCU102 failed board interface test

Jump to solution

Hi,

I followed XTP 435 verbatim and setup my brand new zcu102 board.  I also ran the BIST test and everything went well. But when I ran the interface tests, ZCU102 RTC, IPI App Test, MIG PSDDR4 and Ping constantly failed.  I would like to acertain that there is nothing wrong with the board.  I am using Vivado 2018.3 running on windows 10.  I set SW6 mode to 1111 and all the DIP switches toward the label ON before running the tests. 

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ZCU102 failed board interface test

Jump to solution

Hi Naveen,

Yes, I confirmed that I was able to run the "Hello World" example successfully. I am glad this proves that there aren't any issues with the board. I will close this thread and follow you suggestions by restoring the flash on the board next. 

Thank you for your patience and help.  Much appreciate it.  

best,

Marge

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @dradspd 

Can you please share screenshot or logs of BIT test GUI? What are the power LED status of the board on power on? Please share a clean screen shot. Also share the S/N of this board.

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have attached the screenshot of the GUI test result.  I power cycled the board twice instructed by the GUI during testing. LEDs were all green until mid way. The s/n for the board is 0484192 04 (which is not those ones that need the workaround on SODIMM).  Thank you for your help.

Screenshot (1).pngGUI test resultIMG_4203.jpgLEDs turned red

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dradspd,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that PS_ERROR_OUT LED turns red when you are running the BIT test.

Please share the following register values when PS_ERR_OUT LED is red. To read these register values, you need to connect the apu using JTAG (xsct/xsdb), and run the command.

command
:  mrd register_address

Registers Dump                         register_address
    BOOT_MODE_USER                 = FF5E0200:    
    BOOT_MODE_POR                   = FF5E0204:    
    RESET_REASON                       = FF5E0220:    
    PMU_GLOBAL.PWR_STATE  = FFD80100:    
    PWR_SUPPLY_STATUS          = FFD8010C:    
    CSU_BR_ERROR                       = FFD80528:    
    ERROR_STATUS_1                   = FFD80530:    
    ERROR_STATUS_2                   = FFD80540:    
    csu_status                                    = FFCA0000:    
    csu_ft_status                               = FFCA0018:    
    CSU_ISR                                    = FFCA0020:    
    pcap_status                                 = FFCA3010:    
    tamper_status                              = FFCA5000:    
    jtag_chain_status                        = FFCA0034:    
    jtag_sec                                       = FFCA0038:  

Meanwhile, please once cross check is your Evaluation Kits labeled with 0432055-05 or not?

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. I have taken a snapshot of the s/n on the box for you to verify.  I need to learn how to connect to apu using jtag. I am new at this. I will submit the result as soon as I get them.  Thank you again for your help.

IMG-4204.JPG

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi dradspd,

I believe the Serial Number @thakurr is asking for is on a sticker on the board. It should be 0432055-xx

Can you confirm which one is it?

Thanks,
Andres

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I apologize for misreading the request.  Here is the number:

0432055-05-1904

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dradspd,

Thank you for your confirmation.

Your  Evaluation Kit is ship with SODIMM MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G6E1. You need to replace the FSBL source code file. Please check AR-72113.

To work around this issue, you can replace the FSBL source code files with the attached .c/.h files in 72113-files.zip.

NOTE: This FSBL source file is only for Vivado 2018.3. Prior to Vivado 2018.3, customer needs to modify the DDR Configuration setting manually and then, they need to generate the FSBL source code File.

Regards,

Naveen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give kudo or Accept as a Solution.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I followed your suggestion by downloading 72113-files.zip and replaced the three xfsbl_* files in the directory \Vivado\SDK\2018.3\data\embeddedsw\lib\sw_apps\zynqmp_fsbl\src\. I re-ran the interface tests and they still failed.  I have captured the values of registers using xsct commandline tool for additional info:

Registers Dump register_address
BOOT_MODE_USER =              FF5E0200: 00000000
BOOT_MODE_POR =                FF5E0204: 00000000
RESET_REASON =                    FF5E0220: 00000051
PMU_GLOBAL.PWR_STATE =  FFD80100: 00FFFCBF
PWR_SUPPLY_STATUS =         FFD8010C: 00000007
CSU_BR_ERROR =                   FFD80528: 00000000
ERROR_STATUS_1 =                FFD80530: 00000000
ERROR_STATUS_2 =                FFD80540: 01000000
csu_status =                               FFCA0000: 00000000
csu_ft_status =                           FFCA0018: 00000000
CSU_ISR =                                FFCA0020: 0000803C
pcap_status =                            FFCA3010: A0002FDE
tamper_status =                         FFCA5000: 00000000
jtag_chain_status =                    FFCA0034: 00000003
jtag_sec =                                  FFCA0038: 0000003F

I noticed  the register value of RESET_REASON changed to 00000051 when the LED turns red and then resets back to 00000011 after I power cycle the board.  Another thing (might not be related to this issue), I have to reset the Si5328 clock Freqency to 156.25 after each gui test/or power cycle.  Is this normal?  

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dradspd,

Thank you for sharing the Register values.

ERROR_STATUS_2 = FFD80540: 01000000 indicates PMU Service Error (Request for Services cause an error while executing from ROM). Probably because you are not able to boot from the DDR. Can you please confirm are you disabling the"Run psu_init" in the Run/Debug Configurations? If no, please disable this and then try to run the "Hello World" example design. Please Check AR-72210 for more details.

Regards,

Naveen 

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Naveen,

I followed the instructions on AR-72210 verbatim. First I created a FSBL project, ran configurations. On the Target Setup, I unchecked Run psu_init. On the Application tab, I checked psu_cortexa53.0 on Download and left reset processor checked as default. The app built with no errors and the console (title: TCF debug virtual terminal-cortexta53 #3) did not display any output.  I then proceeded to create another project and chose Hello world as the template. Set up the configuration same as the FSBL project and then ran the program.  The console inside SDK did not output "Hello World" as indicated in the instruction page. Which console (teraterm?) should the output of "Hello World" be expected? I have attached the SDK log file for you to see.  Please advise what I need to do next because I am totally stuck!

I also would like to verfiy the Ethernet setting on the board.  When I went over the initial board setup, I set the IP address (192.168.1.2), subnet and default gateway as stated in XTP435.  But the ping test on the interface tests failed. Does the board needs internet connection in order to perform the interface tests correctly?

Thank you for help.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I forgot to attach the XSCT console output after I ran Hello World program. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Naveen,

I finally figured out how to display serial output using SDK 2018.3 and confirmed that Hello World program executed successful with the correct output.

I re-run the interface test again, they still failed.  Please advise how I should proceed next. My goal is to boot the board with Xen hypervisor and its dom0 running on Linux.  I just got the board in April. If there were issues with it, I need to RMA it and get a replacement so I can continue with my research.  I appreciate any suggestions and help.  Thanks again,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dradspd,

Can you please confirm are you able to run the "Hello World" example design from using DDR? If yes, then there is no issue with the New SODIMM. For this new query, I would like to request you, please close this thread by marking the solution as an Accepted, in case other forum users encounter the same issue and open a new thread at  Embedded Linux.

To Check the heath of the board, I would like to request you please run the BIST test. Please flow the steps mentioned in the  XTP434 - ZCU102 Restoring Flash Tutorial (v10.0) Please find the required file from rdf0383-zcu102-restoring-flash-c-2018-3.zip.

Regards,

Naveen

**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Naveen,

Yes, I confirmed that I was able to run the "Hello World" example successfully. I am glad this proves that there aren't any issues with the board. I will close this thread and follow you suggestions by restoring the flash on the board next. 

Thank you for your patience and help.  Much appreciate it.  

best,

Marge

View solution in original post

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dradspd,

I am checking this information with our Development Team. For that, I need the following details from you:

1.  Please share the specific SODIMM part number being used in the board.

2. Can you please check which DDR memory is there inside the SODIMM? Is it Micron or Kingston? Please open the cage and check this. 

3. Have you tried to run the lastest BIT test? If yes, is it failing? Please confirm.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello @dradspd ,

I am using Vivado 2019.1.3 and expecting to not get the error described here since it was stated in this link also that it would be fixed by 2019.1. I have run the BIT test and, only the following passed; IDCODE/FW Check, PMBUS/EFUSE, MIG PL DDR4 and UART test. Can you please help me? I tried to run the hello world test and it always gives the error in the first link. 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Hello, I think the error has really been fixed (or in my case it has). The problem was that I mistakenly unchecked the run psu_init in the sdk. Apparently I didn't have to even run the fsbl test in this version of vivado.