cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terabit

ZCU104 DDR Example returns CAL FAIL and does not proceed

Jump to solution

I am running the C:/fpga/zcu104_bit/tests/ZCU104_PROD/bitstream/zcu104_mig_pl_ddr4.bit with the corresponding ltx probes file. After programming on the 104 board completes, there is a 'red' button CAL FAIL' next to the MIG_1 (MIG) table entry.

DQS gate status says NOT STARTED.

Message is "Expected pattern was not found on GT_STATUS. Error found on Rank 0, Byte 0, Nibble 11."

In status section 1. DQS Gate status = FAIL

Does this mean the board has a hardware failure? I also have a problem with the FTDI chip discovering the COM ports. Two different laptops find COM Port B, C and D = COM without a number. So seems like there is no COM port associated ? This is with running zcu104_list_ports.

Please help?

Srinivas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
terabit

Hi @watari 

I am using Vivado 2019.2, and I dont have external DDR. Oh I see, you are indicating that the PL side DDR is being tested by the example ddr4 from Xilinx. Then the DDR error might just be a random one, there is no DDR so CAL fails at some point.

Thanks for helping clear that up. I still have the problem FTDI chip not recognizing COM ports. But that is only one problem to noodle on.

Regards

Srinivas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @terabit 

What version are you using Vivado ?

What external SO DIMM are you using on ZCU104 ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
terabit

Hi @watari 

I am using Vivado 2019.2, and I dont have external DDR. Oh I see, you are indicating that the PL side DDR is being tested by the example ddr4 from Xilinx. Then the DDR error might just be a random one, there is no DDR so CAL fails at some point.

Thanks for helping clear that up. I still have the problem FTDI chip not recognizing COM ports. But that is only one problem to noodle on.

Regards

Srinivas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
terabit

Hi again,

So the PL DDR not being placed is an obvious oversight - I did not realize that there is no default PL DDR on the board (and also did not pay attention to the pl tag in the bitfile name).

But the FTDI problem had to do with the .bat file zcu104 list_ports.bat not working correctly and being unable to enumerate the COM ports. When I looked in the windows manager and found my way to the hardware tab of the new JTAG+3SERIAL device that came up, it showed COM ports 4, 5, 6 baing mapped to B, C, D USB controllers.

So everything works except the .bat file.

Thanks

Srinivas

0 Kudos