Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

ZCU106 document on Jumper wrong ?

Jump to solution

Hello 

I have ZCU106 hardware V1.0. 

I was checking the jumper settings. There is jumper 110 which sets the CVBUS_SEL. According to document, it should set to 1-2 for  Device or OTG mode and 2-3 for Host mode. but there are only 1-2 pins i.e. 3rd pin is not there, hence I don't know how to select host mode settings. Whereas on page 41 it is written that it can be done by making this jumper off. I believe the document is not clear.

second, the jumper for J153 is 1-2 default in the document but it should be set to open by default. Hence document requires an update for it.

thanks 

Best regards 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@msh For x4, 3-4 need to be shorted on J162 per schematic and believe that should be the default. 

Will check on this and update.  

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

@msh Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I checked on this and filed CR to fix this. 

For J110,  follow the instructions on Schematic Page#58 

CVBUS Select:
OPEN: DEVICE Mode
1-2: Host Mode

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

I would like to have another confirmation regarding jumper settings for PCIe J162 

The document says 3 and 4 to set 4 lane

at page 18

PCIe PRSNT select • 1-2: x1 • 3-4: x4 • 5-6: GND • Open: card defined

and it also says 

at page 100

"PCIe lane size is selected by jumper J162 as shown in Figure 3-40. The default lane size selection is 4-lane (J162 pins 2 and 4 jumped)."

default on the board it is open then how can it be 4 lanes selected?

which one is correct?

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@msh For x4, 3-4 need to be shorted on J162 per schematic and believe that should be the default. 

Will check on this and update.  

- Giri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos