UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor spencersiu
Visitor

ZCU111 Board and RF Analyzer Setup

I recently got the ZCU111 evaluation board and am looking to it up to use the RF Data Converter Evaluation tool. I followed the XTP518 document for the software install and board setup. Then I followed the Xilinx wiki for the RF Data Converter Evaluation Tool Getting Started Guide. On the GUI, it says no device communication, unable to connect to rftrd service. The image attached image is a screenshot of my GUI. What should I do now? Is there some extra configuration before using this tool?

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: ZCU111 Board and RF Analyzer Setup

Hi @spencersiu 

Is the device booting from the SD card properly ?  Can you Set up a Tera Term session between a host PC COM port and the serial port on the evaluation board and show us the log. Terminal Settings are as follows

Capture.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor spencersiu
Visitor

Attached is my tera term terminal and the log file. The log file is blank and the terminal does not respond to typing. 

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
Visitor spencersiu
Visitor

0 Kudos

Hi @spencersiu 

Few points to check here

1. Did you stored a valid Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC boot image file on to an SD card (and then plug
the SD card into ZCU111 board socket J100)? The valid images are there in rdf0476-zcu111-rf-dc-eval-tool-2019-1.zip

https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/zcu111.html#documentation

2. Make sure the DIP switches (SW6) are set as shown in the figure below, which allows the ZCU111 board to boot from the SD card.

0 Kudos
Visitor spencersiu
Visitor

Hi @pthakare

I am using the SD card that came with the evaluation board. I assumed the boot image was already preloaded into it. Is that the case? When i look inside the SD,it looks paritioned with access to one side and that side is empty. 

0 Kudos

Hi @spencersiu 

It is not loaded with pre-defined image.The images are available in 

rdf0476-zcu111-rf-dc-eval-tool-2019-1\rdf0476-zcu111-rf-dc-eval-tool-2019-1\images

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Visitor spencersiu
Visitor

Hi @pthakare 

I set up a tera term session between the host PC COM port and the serial port on the eval board. Attached is the log. 

0 Kudos

It seems like from the log it's booted properly and started the application...

Its likely that the issue is with your network settings on the machine. 

It definitely matches the IP address in the guide?

Also I find Booting, starting rftool then starting the gui works best. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor spencersiu
Visitor

@klumsde 

Attached is the IP setup based on what the guide has told me to do. Not sure if it makes a differnce, but under the RF_DC_Evaluation-Notepad, the vivado path doesn't exist on my PC.  

After booting, I just the RF data converter evaluation user interface. Not sure what you mean by "starting rftool then starting GUI." 

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos

I just mean I normally, hook everything up, change my IP settings. boot the board and wait for the terminal to tell me "server init done", then I launch the GUI. 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos