Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haixiang.zhao
Visitor
Visitor

ZCU111 Hardware Power Rail

Jump to solution

One of my ZCU111 evaluation board has some power rail problem.

I learned about that the evaluation board only has one month warranty? If this is true, It's a little bit frustrating because it seems too short.

Whatever, could you please give me some suggestions about my issues? Fix it by myself or Xilinx has any repair service could help or any trusted vendor has the repair service?

The hardware problem description is shown below:

The board cannot boot correctly. It doesn't read data from the SDCard because of the power issue. As you can see the power rail has some problems (VADJ_FMC, PS_DDR4_VTERM, PL_DDR4_VTERM).

Fig.1 Power Rail indicatorFig.1 Power Rail indicator

I'm pretty sure the regulator chips U81, U82-IR3897 have some problems. The green values are from the good one while the red values are from the broken one as Fig. 2 shown below. The schematic is downloaded from official website. 

Fig.2 SchematicFig.2 Schematic

This figure below shows where the regulator U81 is. Another one U82 is on the back side of the same near area.

Fig.3 Location of the U81,U82Fig.3 Location of the U81,U82

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vatsalt
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Yes, Whizz Systems are our contract manufacturer and official Xilinx Design Partner.

They are best placed to repair Xilinx Development Systems Products (Boards and Kits) at the cost of the customer.

Best Regards,

Vatsal

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vatsalt
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Please check AR#45432 regarding warranty information.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/45432.html

The board clearly has power issues.

Please check the voltage and power readings of the power rails in SCUI using the link below

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu111/2019_1/xtp517-zcu111-system-controller-c-2019-1.pdf

and match them against the default values.

Also share the scui voltage and power readings for our reference.

Best Regards,

Vatsal

zcu111_voltage.png
haixiang.zhao
Visitor
Visitor

Hi vatsalt,

Thank you for your reply!

I have checked the power rail values read from SCUI as shown below.Power read from SCUIPower read from SCUI

0 Kudos
haixiang.zhao
Visitor
Visitor

One more information. I can still control the VADJ value as shown below.

Control VADJ by using SCUI.Control VADJ by using SCUI.

For now the VADC value seems okay while the VCC1V2 seems to still have problems.

Power read from SCUI.Power read from SCUI.

0 Kudos
haixiang.zhao
Visitor
Visitor

One more information. Although the SCUI cannot find the VCC1V2 value, the SD23 LED is on which indicates 1.2 VDC power on according to the ZCU111 user guide.

ZCU111 User Guide.ZCU111 User Guide.Board Photo.Board Photo.

0 Kudos
vatsalt
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details. Clearly the board has power rail issues.

Currently we don’t have any power reprogramming solutions for ZCU111 board unlike ZCU102, ZCU106.

This board's power sequencing files are designed by Infineon . All the public configurations files are actually provided on the Infineon website (link below). If you need assistance re-configuring or controlling the Infineon devices I suggest please reach out to Infineon.  Else you can reach out to Whizz system to get board repaired at your own cost if the board is out of warranty now.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/xilinx-SoC-FPGA-power-reference-design/Xilinx_Zynq_UltraScale_RFSoC/

info@whizzsystems.com

http://www.whizzsystems.com/contact-us/

Best Regards,

Vatsal

haixiang.zhao
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Vatsalt,

Thank you for your help and information!

I contacted Infineon and Whizz the last week while didn't receive response from them.

Are you sure that Whizz could provide the board repairing service at my own cost?

Best,

0 Kudos
vatsalt
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Yes, Whizz Systems are our contract manufacturer and official Xilinx Design Partner.

They are best placed to repair Xilinx Development Systems Products (Boards and Kits) at the cost of the customer.

Best Regards,

Vatsal

View solution in original post

haixiang.zhao
Visitor
Visitor

Hi vatsalt,

I have sent several emails to the Whizz while didn't get any response yet.

Could you please help me contact them?

Best,

0 Kudos
vatsalt
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I am afraid the mentioned email id is the only contact we have for Whizz Systems and i believe they will reach out to you.

Best regards,

Vatsal

0 Kudos
haixiang.zhao
Visitor
Visitor

Hi vatsalt,

The fact is that they never replied me.

It's like after I bought this $10k evaluation board from Xilinx and as long as it exceeded the one month warranty period, no one cares about your customer service and It's so hard to find any repairing service. Finally, I have to repair it by myself. Does this how the thing work for buying expensive evaluation board from Xilinx?

0 Kudos