cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

ZCU111 VADJ_FMC voltage problem

hello!When testing the ZCU11, I found that the voltage of bank65 and bank66 connected by the FMC interface of the evaluation board was provided by VADJ_FMC.At the same time, see the VADJ_FMC Power Rail in UG1271:

If no card is attached to the FMCP connector, the VADJ voltage is set to 1.8V

However, when I did not insert the FMC sub-card, the voltage of J72 (VADJ_FMC) measured was 0.1v.The VADJ_FMC voltage is 0.12v using the system controller user interface query.Can I think that when I am in no card is attached, the VADJ_FMC voltage is 0V?If so, why is VADJ_FMC not 1.8v as described in UG1271?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @facalon ,

UG1271 is correct.

May be previously, you would have set VADJ to some "x" voltage using SCUI, which would have effected normal behavior of VADJ when no FMC Card is inserted.

Refer the Note in below image, which tells you why VADJ LED is not active at power ON. For more information refer XTP490.

ZCU111.PNG

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Thank you very much for your reply.After checking your reply, I read XTP490 carefully.Then I tested the ZCU111 again and opened the system controller again.However, it was found that the system controller only has the option to get FMC VADJ Voltage, and does not have the option to set FMC VADJ Voltage.

boardUI.PNG
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

I'm terribly sorry.I just found another version of the system controller and found that it can set the voltage of VADJ FMC.But there is a problem, if I want to design my own card, what kind of data should EEPROM store?Or can I programmatically control the voltage of VADJ FMC?Or another way to keep the VADJ FMC voltage constant, rather than having to set it every time you turn it on.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @facalon ,

You can set VADJ voltage to your required voltage level through SCUI GUI, Boot up option as shown in below image and even voltage will remain same even after power cycle. 

Please use this SCUI 2019.1 version .

fm.PNG

Regards,
Deepak D N
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Suppose I want to design a adapter plate by myself and configure the System Controller to use FMC EEPROM Voltage.What about data configuration in EEPROM?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @facalon ,

If you dont want to use SCUI to manually set the VADJ Voltage and want to set VADJ voltage from the EEPROM data present in your FMC Card, then you need to develop a Programming file, to program EEPROM of your own FMC Card, according to  IPMI format defined in the VITA 57.4 FMC specification (ZCU111 uses this VITA Spec). 

For more information refer this AR#68377 .

If there is no data present in EEPROM or EEPROM is not present in your FMC Card, then follow my previous post to set VADJ to required voltage.

Regards,
Deepak D N
Contributor
Contributor

Here you can download an example FMC EEPROM file for 1.8V VADJ voltage level:

https://github.com/FMCHUB/FMC_FRU_EEPROM_PROGRAMMER/raw/.../eeprom_file_samples/VADJ_1P8V.BIN 

Other programming files are also available in the github repository https://github.com/FMCHUB/FMC_FRU_EEPROM_PROGRAMMER .

Please also check the FMC FRU EEPROM Programmer hardware: https://fmchub.github.io/.../FMC_FRU_EEPROM_PROGRAMMER_datasheet.html 

Best regards.

0 Kudos