Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

ZCU1275 Power Modules Included?

Jump to solution

We are interested in doing some characterization with the ZCU1275.  The user guide mentions two Analog Power Modules (Renesas ISL8024DEMO2Z and MPS EVREF0102A) and a Transceiver Power Module (Maxim MAXREFDES87#). 

The User Guide states: "In the ZCU1275 kit, there is one GTY
transceiver power module from Maxim Integrated provided for evaluation, part number
MAXREFDES87#." (UG1285, p20).  No power modules are represented in the "What's Inside" section.

The question we have is; do we need to purchase these power modules seperately for our characterization?  We plan to use all 16 channels at ~1GSPS sampling rate.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ZCU1275 Power Modules Included?

Jump to solution

Hi Anatoli,

The RFSoC Product Manager gave me this answer earlier this week.

No extra purchase necessary, all of those modules are included in the ZCU1275 kit.

I will see about updating the “What’s Inside” on the website to provide more clarification, thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Thanks for looking into this one!

Adam

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @400garrison ,

Indeed, these are mentioned as supplemental material that can be used with the board, however Xilinx don't provided these in the kit. These would need to be ordered separately. Please see the "References" section (page 98 of UG1285) that includes the links where these ZCU1275 Power Modules can be ordered from.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you Anatoli.  Is one of these modules required to supply the power necessary to run 16 channels of ADC at ~1GSPS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @400garrison ,

The ISL8024DEMO2Z is a low-noise power module to power the high-speed data converters on Xilinx RFSoCs. It is
used as a power module that plugs into an application board. More info can be read here: https://www.renesas.com/us/en/www/doc/guide/isl8024demo2z-user-guide.pdf

In relation to my previous reply, I believe I may have misinform you, as after reading UG1285 again, I can read this (pg 18):

image.png

image.png

So, to me these should be in the box/kit that you've received this board with.
Therefore, I now believe these 2 modules are both supplied with the kit. Can you please check the kit and let us know?

And in relation to your last question (i.e. Is one of these modules required to supply the power necessary to run 16 channels of ADC at ~1GSPS?), from what i was told, they should be both capable of powering the device supplied with the board in worst case.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Anatoli,

The RFSoC Product Manager gave me this answer earlier this week.

No extra purchase necessary, all of those modules are included in the ZCU1275 kit.

I will see about updating the “What’s Inside” on the website to provide more clarification, thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Thanks for looking into this one!

Adam

View solution in original post