UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer xiangyi321
Observer

Zcu102 board SD card function

Jump to solution

Hi

I want to know the function of SD card on zcu102 board.

I learned that SD on zcu102 can be used to boot.(What can it do?)

Is there any documentation on that?(I followed the steps of "Boot sequence for sd-boot" in the document UG1209 and finished.But I don't know what use it is to boot it through.) can you  tell me .

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Zcu102 board SD card function

Jump to solution

Hi @xiangyi321 

SD card is another mode for configuration like JTAG, QSPI. It is mostly used to configure the PS applications.

When booting from SD card, you need to simply copy boot.bin and imaga.ub into it and place it into the SD card slot on the board. Thereafter select the mode pins in order to boot from the SD card. 

UG1209 talks about creating the boot image first then use this image to run on ZCU102 after copying into SD card (refer page 74).

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1209-embedded-design-tutorial.pdf

You can also use the pre built images for testing from below wiki link:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/57639129/Zynq+2018.3+Release

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @xiangyi321 

SD card is another mode for configuration like JTAG, QSPI. It is mostly used to configure the PS applications.

When booting from SD card, you need to simply copy boot.bin and imaga.ub into it and place it into the SD card slot on the board. Thereafter select the mode pins in order to boot from the SD card. 

UG1209 talks about creating the boot image first then use this image to run on ZCU102 after copying into SD card (refer page 74).

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1209-embedded-design-tutorial.pdf

You can also use the pre built images for testing from below wiki link:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/57639129/Zynq+2018.3+Release

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer xiangyi321
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Rohit

Thank you for your reply.

Can you tell me the answer to the question.

1. How to configeuration PS applications from sd card(Boot. Bin and image.ug files have been copied to SD card).I think I need bit file, just like QSPI needs MCS file.

2.Is the bit file copied directly to SD card or added to boot.bin file?

3.If I want to add a bit to boot.bin.Do you want to write the sd_boot.bif file that you need to create image, or where the file was generated?

4.How many .bit file can you put on the zcu102 board?An SD card on a board like the kcu105 can hold up to 16 .bit file.

0 Kudos