UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer arslanmalik93
Observer

Zynq Z0720 PCAP Readback

Hi,

I am trying to perfrom PL readback of Zedboard using PCAP but i am unable to find details regarding PCAP. I do not know the sewuence that i have to pass to xdev transfer function and no such details are provided in ug470. Can you please tell where can i find details on PCAP

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zynq Z0720 PCAP Readback

0 Kudos
Observer arslanmalik93
Observer

Yes i have read ug 585 in the readback section of pcap chapter 6 there is only a slight overview example which tells the steps to be perfomed during readback.

I have also seen the second post u have shared before that posts only deal with how to write bitstream in pl using ps

What i i  interested in reading back the pl bitstream using ps for verification amd comparison.

I was wondering if there was any pl readback example just as Xilinix provide pl write bitstream example in xdevcfg templates

0 Kudos
Visitor gochango
Visitor

Is there any update to this issue?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
I would give it a try on the Embedded Config Forum as well:
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Boot-and-Configuration/bd-p/EmbBoot
Thanks,
Andres
0 Kudos
Observer arslanmalik93
Observer

I am attaching the code i am using to perform PCAP readback as per instruction in u470. The code is based on Xilinx reg readback example can you look and tell if i am doing anything wrong?

0 Kudos
Visitor gochango
Visitor

Is this reading the actual PL bitstream thats already programmed? Or is it just reading the data being stored for the PL?

0 Kudos
Observer arslanmalik93
Observer

I am trying to read pl bitstream that i have programmed before and then performing ps readback. During readback the pl is shutdown(i inow because my pl code, blinking led stops all leds  goes to floating) bitstream readback shows all zeros 

0 Kudos
Visitor ap_32076
Visitor

Are there any updates to this? I am currently having the same issue with the output reading all 0s

0 Kudos