buy

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: procedure of purchase

http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/index.htm

Are the only authorized distributors:  there is no transferance (assignment) of distribution rights.

"Avnet Electronics Marketing" appears to be an authorized distributor in China, check the list, and make sure the locations match (they are the same).

If you have any questions or issues (problems, unanswered questions), you may also contact the sales office for your area:

http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/index.htm

"Asia Pacific Sales and Support Officies"

Xilinx needs to know if our distributors are not doing the best job they can, so please let us know if they are doing a good job,

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

I've heard that 6 weeks is needed to get the real stuff on my hand after I paid full money?

Depends on what you are ordering and how readily available the item is at the time you order it.  I've received Xilinx items the next day, and other Xilinx items 12 weeks after placing order.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

The Availability column is your clue.  "Stock" means the item is immediately available.  "88 Stock" means there are 88 of the item immediately available.  If you want more than 88 of them, additional inventory is available from the factory with (estimated) 2-week leadtime after placing the order.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@luojingyuan wrote:

I'll check it later.

Besides, I've heard that 6 weeks is needed to get the real stuff on my hand after I paid full money?

You must be really new to everything about engineering.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

I was brought up on the wooden floor of IBM mainframe's computer room, when you guys haven't seen a real computer.

1.  I guess that's the engineer equivalent of a nursery.

2.  Well, that's better than being born in the shadow of the very first abacus...

3.  That beats the dirt floors of the computer yurts in Mongolia.

4.  And the mainframes were connected to the Great Firewall of China?

5.  Is that where IBM mainframes go to be "retired" ?

6.  Sounds like your parents were very dedicated (and possibly over-worked) computer operators.

I designed IBM 3031-3033 class system/370 compatible mainframes in the 1970s.  I had no idea at the time that there would be people actually living in them.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@luojingyuan wrote:

I was brought up on the wooden floor of IBM mainframe's computer room, when you guys haven't seen a real computer.

The statement above is irrelevant in the context of "you must be really new to everything about engineering."

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

The statement above is irrelevant in the context of "you must be really new to everything about engineering."

1.  "irrelevant" is rarely an impediment in these forums, right?

2.  We've seen worse, much worse. Bad enough to avoid a repeat.  I'm as guilty as anyone... and no, I won't provide links to the "proof".

We might want to come up with a new forum rule, similar to the "3-knockdown = technical knockout (TKO)" rule in professional boxing:

After 4 snarky posts in a single thread, the thread should be closed.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos