cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

downloader design question

I am designing a downloader hardware ,which is to burn  a group of FPGA modules.

the FPGA module is a with a FPGA chip, and a BPI flash, the .bit file will be downloaded into the flash for self-boot up(BPI bootload).

For the single module, I download the hardware into FPGA through JTAG cable first, and then burn the flash;and I wonder how can I do with a group of module at one time. someone can give the advise, for the  downloader hardware.

thanks,

lida

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

The daisy chaining is only the method for programming group of devices.

The other way is you can program flash devices separately at a time before assembling in module itself.                                                           

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

But the daisy chain is not the programmer I want to design.

And the downloader is a mold for pre-programming modules, so that they can be easily welded on the application PCB boards and do not need being programmed again.

My modules are designed as 2x5 PCB array, which are all same. I want to programm the 10 modules at same time,so I do not have to operate too many times for many modules batch process,such as 100 or 200.

2.JPG
0 Kudos