02-21-2011 06:25 AM
I want to use compact flash to configure the ML605. I generate the ace file including hardware and software with genace.sh
the content of genace.sh : xmd -tcl genace.tcl -jprog -hw ../SDK/SDK_Workspace_35/hw_platform_0/download.bit -board ml605 -target mdm -elf ../SDK/SDK_Workspace_35/hello_world_0/Debug/hello_world_0.elf -ace hello.ace
the software is a reference design "hello world". when I use EDK and SKD to configure the ML605. it works well
when I use the compact flash (ace.file) to configure the ML605. the hardware design is configured correctly by download.bit, but the software "hello world " is not executed or booted
please help me out to boot software from ace file
02-26-2011 10:20 PM
The below link documents can be useful for your requirement
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/xtp084.pdf --> ML605 Hardware set-up guide
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug533.pdf --> Getting started with ML605 (SYstemAce configuration details als given)
http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx4/data/docs/pac/genfiles3.html --> Creating System system Ace programming file concepts
Kindly accept my post if you think it is useful to you
03-16-2011 05:35 AM
I have the same problem. When I download and run the elf file from XMD, it works perfectly. When I generate the ace file the board gets configured, but the software doesn't start.
I had some projects working on XUPV2P from ace file with no problems, I'm new to the ML605 and microblaze.
Why does the genace say "*.elf does not contain start address.."? I just added "-start_address 0xB0000000" to the genace.opt file, the address of the ddr3 from linker script, with no results.
I'm using the default bootloop from the XPS.
I tried to initialize bram with the default TestApp_Memory and used the TestApp_Peripheral .elf file to make the ace and terminal output was only "-- E" as in "-- Entering main() --" from TestApp_Memory.
Ace file works if I use only bram, but my software is too big.
03-29-2011 05:22 AM
HI, we find solution.
By using XMD (mrd addr) command we compared ddr content
dowloaded from ace with elf disassembly end found out that the endinaess
is wrong (LE instead of BE - we are using mb_v8be). We investigated
little further and concluded that the problem is in genace.tcl in
procedure xmd_elf2svf which convert elf to svf file. Command
xconnect, we suppose, don't correctly propagate the parameter
cpu_version microblaze_8be from structure xmd_options and its pack
output file in litile endian instead of big endian. So we made a patch
and hardcoded cpu_version to microblaze_ (which is BE) in the
procedure call but preserved prefix and sufix svf files for
microblaze_8be. This resulted in an ACE file that successfully booted
the SW from DDR!