cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

how to connect single ended signal from SMA connector to differential FMC HPC Connector?

I am working on Kintex-7 development board and it has a FMC HPC connector on board.  The FPGA and the HPC Connector connections, both are differential. 

I need to plug in a daughter card which gets its signals from single ended SMA connectors. 

How do I connect the single ended SMA signal to the FMC differential signal? 

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: how to connect single ended signal from SMA connector to differential FMC HPC Connector?

Are you talking about redesign/modifying the PCB, or you just need something to plug into the SMA? You could use a Balun. Check out the XM500 FMC card and what we do on there. Depending on what quality/strength you need out you could also just use one leg also.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: how to connect single ended signal from SMA connector to differential FMC HPC Connector?

Thank you for your answer. But I meant I am working on Genesys 2 Kintex -7 dev board and it has a Kintex 7. This dev board has a 400 pin FMC connector, where I am connecting a dcard. The dcard has single ended signals coming from 1 SMA connector . But the FMC-FPGA connection is differential pair. It is as shown below. 

The problem I am having is , the signal coming from SMA connector is single ended, but the FMC connector has differential pair signals. One way to connect single ended single to differential is by connecting the negative part of signal in FM connector to GND. But this won't work because I want my signal to be of 3V. 

The other option I think might work is set the negative differential to bank whose voltage is 3v3 in the .xdc file. 

Is this the right way to do it? If not can you please suggest what is the right way to connect a single ended signal coming from SMA to the differential user input pair on the FMC connector?

Capture.PNG

Thank you!

0 Kudos