cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powering the pins

Jump to solution

Hi.

I haven't the XC6SLX9-3TQG144I fpga yet, but I need to know if connecting the pins VCCO_0, VCCO_1, VCCO_2 or VCCO_3 I'm powering the repective set of pins.

In other words. If I connect VCCO_0 to ground, are the respective set of pins power off?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: powering the pins

Jump to solution

Hi Alan,

The recommendation is to connect the VCCO of unused bank to VCCO of other banks.

Having said this, you can still connect the VCCO of unused bank to Gnd and in this case, the unsed IOs will be powered off.

Regards,
Krishna

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Moved to the correct board.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Alan,

The recommendation is to connect the VCCO of unused bank to VCCO of other banks.

Having said this, you can still connect the VCCO of unused bank to Gnd and in this case, the unsed IOs will be powered off.

Regards,
Krishna

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

In addition this AR should help - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/11906.htm

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

If VCCO_0 connected to ground, then  the respective set of IO  pins IO drivers  does not get  supply voltage.

We recommend to connect VCCO for unused banks also for ESD protection point of view

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.