cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

preferred connector for GPIO virtex 5

This is a very basic query. I am using Xilinx Virtex 5 evaluation board. https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug347.pdf

The board has 3x32 expansion headers of which the middle 32 pins are ground. (part number 10 in page 10 of the above pdf).

I want to know what is the preferred cable that can be connected to these GPIOs? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: preferred connector for GPIO virtex 5

@rsashwinkumar Those are standard 0.1 inch male headers. Depending on what you are trying to interface, you can use a female receptacle with cable. 

It would be better if you can share what you are trying to interface with to get a better response. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can use GPIO cable . See the image

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
gpio-cable-male-to-female.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for prompt reply. I am trying to program the FPGA as a SPI slave while another chip will be acting as the master. I am planning to use the GPIOs to connect the serial clock, data in and outs. The other IC (master) will be mounted on a custom made PCB and so wanted to know the kind of cable that could be used to connect to the GPIOs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Are you design board or using existing board . Your query not clear to me. You may check this board which has SPI interface. For example ML505/ML506 board
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug347.pdf

Refer board schematic and BOM.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos