cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

problem accessing spartan3e starter kit leds using coolrunner2.

Jump to solution

im'm trying to make a flashing led with spartan 3e starter kit, using coolrunner2. I had it done using spartan3e but i can't find ucf file for coolrunner2. Is it possible working with leds using coolrunner2? (in spartan 3e development kit) i mean ¿are the pins of coolrunner2 physically connected to leds?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Black_Flowers,

From memory, been a while since I played with that board, the CPLD can be accesses but its primary function is to act as the USB interface for the dev board, allowing you to prog the FPGA without having to buy the USB JTAG download cable.

My view was I bought a 3E board, I left the CPLD alone partly because I didn’t want to break the function and partly because I wasn’t that interested in the CPLD…

If you want to play with the CPLD you could use the FPGA to connect the CPLD to the LED’s switches etc.

Bobster

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Just thinking out loud, I’d say no you cant, but you could check out the diagram on the xilinx site

Bobster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

i'v checked the diagram, and i had only seen cpld pins connected to spartan3e pins. So it seems there's no physical connection of cpld pins with leds,buttons,switches etc, on the "spartan 3e starter kit board" (that's the reason why i'm asking here, since it seems the cpld is useless on this board).

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Black_Flowers,

From memory, been a while since I played with that board, the CPLD can be accesses but its primary function is to act as the USB interface for the dev board, allowing you to prog the FPGA without having to buy the USB JTAG download cable.

My view was I bought a 3E board, I left the CPLD alone partly because I didn’t want to break the function and partly because I wasn’t that interested in the CPLD…

If you want to play with the CPLD you could use the FPGA to connect the CPLD to the LED’s switches etc.

Bobster

View solution in original post

0 Kudos