cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

problem with interfacing ADC with spartan 3E starter board.....

hi, i am trying to interface the onboard Amplifier and ADC. i am getting correct output for amplifier by reading AMP_DO signal(whatever the gain i am setting i am getting it on AMP_DO). but there is no response from ADC. ADC's digital outputs is always high for all input analog voltages . i know dont what is the problem. please help...i am entirly new for this.also trying this for longtime.

with regards,

G.R.Mahendra Babu

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

can anyone give the solution?

regards,

Mahendra Babu G.R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

i am also facing the same problem were you able to solve can you give your suggestion.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

did any of you get to a solution??? I have the exact same problem :

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI

S3-E Starter kit is using LTC 6912-1 amplifier. The LTC6912-1 provides two independent inverting amplifiers with programmable gain. The purpose of the amplifier is to scale the incoming voltage on VINA or VINB so that it maximizes the conversion range of the DAC, namely 1.65 ± 1.25V. For programmable gain settings please sea table 10-2 in ug230.pdf. The gain required to set as per voltage range of VINA or VINB. For more details please refer chapter-10 of ug230.pdf.

If it is not clear please use our  Worldwide Technical Support

Open Web Case

http://www.xilinx.com/support/clearexpress/websupport.htm. So that one of our engineer approach you.

With best Regards

Mahesh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

hi, may i know that have you found the solutuion of the ADC that show all output with high state, now i facing this problem also, if you able solve it can you please tell me how and why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

A bit off-topic question:

do You configure programmable gain amplifier once on startup(which is quite difficult I suppose?) or send configuration data constantly after power up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

please let me know as i am also facing the same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

@rago822

How do you know your problem is the same?  Are you using the same ADC and amplifier?

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am also using the same adc and the same programmable pre amplifier on  the boar. Kindly help me with the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Check if the other decives on the spi bus are disabled.

0 Kudos