UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selecting Arty S7 Spartan 7, from Xilinx ISE webpack

Hello,

I wanted to use the clock wizard feature of the arty S7 board. i tried creating a block design from Vivado, and exported to SDK , but i wanted to giving the commands in vhdl or verilog language. thus i decided to do in Xilinx project navigator, but i cannot select the board arty s7, spartan 7 board, from the board selection.

what can be the solution to this?

also is it posible for me to provide the commands and pin configurations in vivado, and do a complete project on phase sifting on Vivado itself?

i am sorry, because of my non advanced  knowledge on this field.

thank you for your coordination and time,

Tulsi Chowdhur

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: selecting Arty S7 Spartan 7, from Xilinx ISE webpack

You can't do it in ISE at all, because ISE development stopped long before the Spartan 7 was released.

The good news is that you don't need to. You can absolutely do the code in Vivado - and you don't need to use SDK at all (SDK is more for CPU-based systems like Zynq). The "preferred" approach in Vivado is to use the block design, but create custom blocks containing your Verilog/VHDL code. Or you can just add Verilog/VHDL files to the project design sources directly, which would be a more ISE-like approach. Either way should work fine.

Re: selecting Arty S7 Spartan 7, from Xilinx ISE webpack

thank you for the clarification and also the possible solutions to the query

0 Kudos