UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send "hello World" string through ethernet by using "LWIP Echo Server" program

Hii All,

I'm new in this Xilinx field. I'm using ZC706 bord. I used "LWIP Echo Server" program to test ethernet. It got successful. All the print messages are printing in terminal.

But my question is: how to send "Hello World" string from zc706 board (PS side) to PC? where I can modify the "LWIP Echo Server" sample program? If I send "hello world" string from PC to board, which function will receive this string in "LWIP Echo Server" sample program.

if send-receive function are not present in "LWIP Echo Server" sample program, where and how to write those functions?

Please provide any sample application for same.

Regards,

Navneet

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: send "hello World" string through ethernet by using "LWIP Echo Server" program

navneetkumar@bel.co.in,

But my question is: how to send "Hello World" string from zc706 board (PS side) to PC? where I can modify the "LWIP Echo Server" sample program? If I send "hello world" string from PC to board, which function will receive this string in "LWIP Echo Server" sample program.

Use an UART IP core on the FPGA.

Why do you want to use the LWIP Echo Server for this? Well it can be done, the "Hello World" string needs to be transmitted out in the form of an Ethernet packet. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Re: send "hello World" string through ethernet by using "LWIP Echo Server" program

Use an UART IP core on the FPGA.

-- Through UART, I already did.

Why do you want to use the LWIP Echo Server for this?

-- I want to understand send and receive funtion of ethernet module. I want to send any data from board to PC through ethernet. In PC we can receive and view the same data through wireshark.

0 Kudos