cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliexilinx
Visitor
Visitor

sp605 BIST hanging

Hi, I just received a new sp605 Eval Board and I am new to this product range. The BIST hangs on every test once the test is selected. It displays the line reading from the compact flash and nothing else.

Reading SRECORDS from Compact Flash file bist\3.rec:

Is this a problem with the cf card?

(I have checked all the jumpers are corrrect as per getting started manual and am running on Win 7)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jlarkin
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

juliexilinx,

if you suspect the cf card, then you can restore the CF contents using the files on the SP605 page: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sp605_13-3.htm

Also, make sure you are using the correct version of the BIST for your Software and Silicon.

Make sure you are using the USB UART connection, not USB JTAG (they are side by side on the board).

Check the SiLabs USB to UART Bridge is being identified in Device Manager on your machine, and that you have selected the correct COM port number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
mgupta@smr
Visitor
Visitor

Which serial application software(Hyperterminal, teraterm) are you using ? Please make sure the com port you select 

in the software is the same as the one showing in your hardware manager. Also to make the data settings as 9600 Baud, Data = 8bit, no parity, Stop bit =1 and flow control = none.

P.S : The BIST application works with windows7 64 bit but for the BRD application , you need a 32 bit system.

0 Kudos
juliexilinx
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Jeaniel,

I have reformatted the CF card and restored the CF content but I have the same problem.

I have been using version 13.3 for the BIST Software, how can I confrim that this is compatible with the silicon that I have?

The UART connection is correct as I can display the menu, and it accepts an input for the test number and just hangs there after displaying "Reading SRECORDS from Compact Flash file bist\1.rec:"

** Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA SP605 Evaluation Kit **
Choose Feature to Test:
1: UART Test
2: LED Test
3: Timer Test
4: FLASH Test
5: IIC Test
6: Ethernet Loopback Test
7: Switch Test
8: External Memory Test
9: SPI Test
A: PushButton Test
B: System ACE CF Test
C: DVI/VGA Test
Reading SRECORDS from Compact Flash file bist\1.rec:

0 Kudos
jlarkin
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

juliexilinx,

If you are using 13.3 ISE, then use 13.3 version of the BIST, found here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sp605_13-3_rd.htm

You can see here there are two versions of the BIST listed:

SP605 BIST Design Files (13.3 C)

SP605 BIST Design Files (13.3 CES)

The version you should choose depends on the Silicon on your board - whether it is C or CES.

To determine which version of Silicon is on your board, please see AR#37579: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/37579.htm

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
hryn81
Visitor
Visitor

This link is not active anymore http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sp605_13-3_rd.htm
my hard ware C, so need is P605 BIST Design Files (13.3 C)
please give this file, But actually I have also restored the file already from USB which is provided when bought but still failed, Please let me know the problem.
0 Kudos
amandaw
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

0 Kudos