UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start with virtex6 ml 605

hello at everybody
I'm trying to start to do some test with a Xilinx ML605 Evaluation
Board, making use of a FPGA Virtex 6 core.
I would map a very simple algorithm to fpga at the beginning (like a
counter for example), but I have some communication problems with the
board. I don't know what port I can use and how to estabilish the
connection.
Can you help me with some simple examples?
thank you all
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: start with virtex6 ml 605

You can find example designs and relavant documentation at http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ml605_13-3.htm

0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

I have done the verification of the board's functionality as reported in "Getting Started with the
Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA ML605 Evaluation Kit" (pag 1 to 27) but I didn't test the board by PCI Express because I have a laptop. Now I would know if I can map and synthetize a simple project by the JTAG Cable Connector. Have I install some driver or somthing like that to estabilish the connection?

I've used a spartan 3a fpga and I had not problem to synthetize and map a simple project with the usb cable and the ISE design tool but with this board I don't succed.

Thanks a lot for the replay.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What is the JTAG cable you are using and what is the ISE version? Please refer to ug344 for installing Xilinx USB cables.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much...

I was using this port (see the picture) with the usb cable. The ISE version is 12.4

I will try to follow the guide you indicate.

See you soon

usb jtag.png
0 Kudos

I've read the guide and I nocticed I didn't use the cable (xilinx platform cable usb see the figure I attached) indicated in the guide.

Instead I used the jtag usb port and the cable indicated in the figure above (previous post).

What have I do?

Thanks a lot.

plat usb.png
0 Kudos