UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer lematthias
Observer

usb-powered kintex ultrascale+ board

Hi,

I am looking for a portable development board like the Arty board but with Ultrascale+, preferably Kintex (e.g. KCKU3P) and not Zynq. I googled quite a while but couldn't find anything that is USB-powered.

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me to the right direction, should such a board exist. Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: usb-powered kintex ultrascale+ board

Hi @lematthias

There are no Kintex UltraScale+ development boards that are USB-powered due to the power capabilities of USB and Kintex UltraScale+.

If you could provide some extra information on what you are trying to do, we can look at other possibilities.

Observer lematthias
Observer

Re: usb-powered kintex ultrascale+ board

@celliott  Thank you very much for your swift reply.

I understand. The board would also be used for live demonstrations and for development on the go. Thats why a board that doesn't need an external power supply would be a huge plus for me.

I am working on a project in which I need to integrate automatically generated IPs into infrastructures with changing capabilities. All I get are the IPs (XACT) and a digraph (e.g. IP x and y need to be connected via axis). As this needs to be completely automated, my tcl scripts are generated dynamically and already quite complex. I am now working on integrating PR.

Currently I have the vcu118 board and build times are quite long (2-3h) due to the size of the chip. Especially to get PR working I am looking for a board that allows me to do some rapid prototyping. For this purpose I would only need USB, Ethernet and some DDR memory. PR is giving me a hard time already and for this reason I am afraid to throw a (small) 7-series FPGA such as the Arty board into the mix.

So I guess my options are to either go with portable Artix-7 and get back to scripting or to get something like the kcu116 (which is still quite big). I am new to PR and don't know how much the workflow differs between architectures, which is why I thought I should stick to US+.

In any case, your answer already helped me to narrow the search. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos