UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

xm105 compatibility with zcu102

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I'm using zcu102 board rev1.0(I checked it with vivado suite 2018.3) and wanna use xm102 card.

I saw the posting that xm105 supports the zcu102 board. but in my case, among the 3 leds only one is on

not vadj good and pwr good, they are off,

20200113_115224.jpg

First I checked the connection TDI-TDO. they are connected.

And then I checked the JTAG or UART connection with device manager and vivado suite. it works.

There are two ways for setting XM105. 

though I know zcu102 is rev1.0, tried both.

SCUI.exe

scui.PNG

When I clicked the  VADJ_FMC voltage button, all the buttons are disabled including FMC tab

(Same as it shows me disabled buttons, when I clicked the FMC-set VADJ-Bootup-set VADJ to 1.8V or others)

scui3.PNG

So I tried also in tera term, and did setting what the tutorial indicates.

but nothing appears.

tera term.PNGtera term2.PNG 

Anyone got through this problem, please help me

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: xm105 compatibility with zcu102

Jump to solution

Hi @karimia 

The langauge for OS can be changed as below:

lang_change.PNG 

2016.4 SCUI can be found at xilinx.com as shown below:

2016.6_SCUI.PNG

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @karimia 

Does the SCUI behaves in the same way both when XM105 is connected to ZCU102 or not? Could you please check the driver version of UART as specified in the link below.  Also make sure you use appropriate SCUI version based on firmware on the board as given in the same link?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69640.html

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi, thakurr 

In advance, thank you for kind reply.

Does the SCUI behaves in the same way both when XM105 is connected to ZCU102 or not?

->It behaves the same way, connected or not. The buttons in SCUI program be disabled when I click any button even I didn't connect the XM105 board

Could you please check the driver version of UART as specified in the link below. 

-> I checked version 6.7.0.0(sorry for not English)

UART DRIVER CHECK.PNG

Also make sure you use appropriate SCUI version based on firmware on the board as given in the same link?

-> I have no idea which version I have but I download is from xilinx web site named "rdf0382-zcu102-system-controller-c-2018-3" and I realeased and launched the BoardUI.

Thank you 

Best regards

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @karimia 

Could you try with English OS instead Non-English? We have seen issues with SCUI, BIT when using non-english OS.

Firmware version on board can be checked by running @vers command in putty or termterminal. As stated in the AR if this date is 5/17 or earlier, then the 2016.4 version of the System Controller GUI should be used with this board. Otherwise latest versions of SCUI can be used.

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi, Thankurr

Could you try with English OS instead Non-English? We have seen issues with SCUI, BIT when using non-english OS.

->I can't understand the Non-English and English OS. I'm using Windows, and plus The root I execute the SCUI.exe is C:\Users\user\Downloads\rdf0382-zcu102-system-controller-c-2018-3\zcu102_scui, it's not include any other launguage but English

Firmware version on board can be checked by running @vers command in putty or termterminal. As stated in the AR if this date is 5/17 or earlier, then the 2016.4 version of the System Controller GUI should be used with this board. Otherwise latest versions of SCUI can be used.

->I did with the lastest versionbut same results. and Where is the 2016.4 version? I tried to find that version, was not able to download it. 

One more thing, I have a doubt with the root appeared when I first executed downloed SCUI. I just put the root default value where I really have vivado in. Is it okay?캡처.PNG

Thank you 

Regards

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @karimia 

The langauge for OS can be changed as below:

lang_change.PNG 

2016.4 SCUI can be found at xilinx.com as shown below:

2016.6_SCUI.PNG

Regards
Rohit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I solved the problem with executing version 2016.4

How could I accect the Answer?

Regards 

Jump to solution

Hi @karimia 

Glad this is resolved, looks like you have old firmware version on the board.

I am not sure but you should get a seperate button with "Accept as solution".

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos