cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

zcu104 and all other zynq boards not available when creating new vivado project

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new vivado project for my ZCU104, but when I get to the stage where you select target board, I have no zynq options available. I am using Vivado 2019.1

Here's what I have tried:

1) Pressed the button for automatically downloading latest boards from xilinx

2) I cloned the xilinx board store git repo, then in Vivado went settings -> board repository and added the directory where the zcu104 board files were found. 

3) I copied the files manually into Xilinx/Vivado/2019.1/data/boards/board_files/

4) Added the node-locked license that came with the box.

None of these saw any change in the list of boards available when I create a project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: zcu104 and all other zynq boards not available when creating new vivado project

HI @jamesickes 

If you are only looking at the ZCU104, it might be that you had the ZynqUltrascale+ devices disabled in your installation.

You can add then by opening the Xilinx Information center. Then click on Manage installs and Add Tools Devices:

install.JPG

Then, in the installation wizard, enable the Zynq Ultrascale+ devices under SoCs:

install_2.JPG

Note that for the ZCU102 or ZCU106, it might be different. You might also need to install Vivado System Edition (vivado webPack edition might not contain these boards).

Hope that helps,

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: zcu104 and all other zynq boards not available when creating new vivado project

Thanks for your response. So it looks like someone at my company uninstalled XIC for vivado 2019. Do you know if there is a way to reinstall XIC without reinstalling vivado?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI @jamesickes 

I don't think this is possible. But you might be able to simply add new devices by re-doing the installation of vivado. It might no install everything back.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos