cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

zedboard and simulink

hello

I bought zedboard 7000. I have been trying to do a very simple implementation using the simulink but I was not successful. here is my problem:

I want to send an analog signal to zeboard and configuring the related interface in matlab simulink and apply a gain in simulink and receive it as analog or digital at the load (say led). through this circuit, I want to change the amout of gain and see the response on the loard. this part should not be a big deal but connection and configuration of interface in matlab simulink is my problem. I would appreciate, if anyone can help me in this matter.

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: zedboard and simulink

@barzegaran Not sure if you have gone through the videos 1-4 on how to run Simulink on your zedboard. 

http://in.mathworks.com/videos/run-a-simulink-model-on-zynq-introduction-and-requirements-1-of-4-89508.html

If not, would be worth to check it out

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Certainly checking out the tutorial videos is a good place to start.

The base Zynq Support Packages (one for Embedded Coder and one for HDL Coder) enable the hardware/software codesign workflow using MATLAB and Simulink, including scripting Vivado in the background to automate bitstream generation and communication with the board. The base support package gives you access to the LEDs on the ZedBoard and a bunch of the GPIO pins, but does not include peripheral drivers for the on-board CODEC.

Integrating a CODEC interface is one of the modules in the Programming Zynq with MATLAB and Simulink Training Class and requires the user to create their own custom reference design, which is based on the Hardware support package, but needs to take into account the CODEC interface programming

My recommendations for getting started with Zynq are:

You can also contact fpga_expert@mathworks.com for additional information.

Regards,

-noam

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey folks,

i think i have the same issue. I'm also new to the system and the hints given by @noamlevine were really helpful. Until now i have just programmed spartan3 fpga using vhdl and now i have a hard time to understand the workflow needed for the zynq family.

The fist goal is to design a filter using Matlab/Simulink, generate Bitstream with workflow advisor and load it to the zedboard.

I've already done the mentioned totorial to let the leds blink using simulink. Also have i done the tutorial from http://www.zynqbook.com/ where 'c' is used to get the codec working. Maybe someone can answer some simple questions to get a better understanding of the system.

a) What exactly is loaded to the sdcard in the initializing process in Matlab?

b) In the blinking leds example: how is the ethernet and uart communication organized?

c) If i need a own reference design to make the codec work. What reference design is used to make the leds blink?

I really hope anybody can help me here to get a little push in the right direction.

Have a nice day

Julian

0 Kudos