Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marc.pearson
Adventurer
Adventurer

AXI-4 Stream Data FIFO TLAST signal

Hello,

I've been trying to debug my system comprising of an axi peripheral, a stream fifo and an axi dma.

I noticed that the m_axis_tlast signal on my FIFO is always low.

I feed in data from a counter (axi peripheral) on an external clock, and then (hope to) read this data on the PS clock. My counter provides the tvalid signal while the counter is below a threshold and then asserts tlast and drops tvalid. After a period of time the cycle starts again.

I see the output data on the master FIFO signals as expected when I assert the m_axis_tready signal. The tvalid signal also looks good - just no tlast action!

I have experiemented with different FIFO depths but I never seem to get a tlast signal out, and I think I need this to drive my DMA properly.

Also, if anyone could explain the axis_data_count, wr_data_count and rd_data_count signals that would help as the values on these signals have confused me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rmanocha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi marc.pearson,

I am also observing same behavior with AXI Stream FIFO m_axis_tlast signal. It doesn't pulse and DMA need this tlast for EOF signal. Let me know if you solved this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
derekm_
Voyager
Voyager

0 Kudos
derekm_
Voyager
Voyager

Yes, the XADC solution I posted above doesn't apply, I think.

0 Kudos