UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor azov3902
Visitor

AXI timer capture value never changes

Jump to solution

Hi all (again),

I'm having a lot of difficulty using the AXI timer in capture mode. I need to capture the time at which successive interrupts occur, relative to some zero time. The interrupts fire when they should, but every time I read the capture value it is exactly the same, when it should be incrementing (e.g. first call it should read 500 cycles, then 1000 cycles, then 1500 cycles, but it reads 500 cycles constantly). I've checked that the timer is counting up freely as it shoule by reading the counter value inside the interrupts. The AHRT bit in the control register of the timer is set, so the values should definitely be overwriting the current values. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor azov3902
Visitor

Re: AXI timer capture value never changes

Jump to solution

I fixed my problem!

It turns out that I wasn't disabling and then re-enabling the interrupt from the peripheral I was using as the input to the trigger input in the AXI Timer (an AXI CDMA core). My code is attached for reference, in the off chance that anyone would like to know how to time CDMA transfers :)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor azov3902
Visitor

Jump to solution

I fixed my problem!

It turns out that I wasn't disabling and then re-enabling the interrupt from the peripheral I was using as the input to the trigger input in the AXI Timer (an AXI CDMA core). My code is attached for reference, in the off chance that anyone would like to know how to time CDMA transfers :)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for your work around. is capture triggger pin only work for interrupt pin? I'm connecting it in self made interrupt in HLS but it's not working.

Screenshot from 2018-05-21 10-54-10.png

0 Kudos