Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akozak
Observer
Observer

Aurora 64b/66b GTX random failure

Jump to solution

Using a Kintex-7 GTX for Aurora 64b/66b, it seems that there is a power-up failure.  I am using shared logic in the core, and have verified that the reset_pb and pma_init match what the documentation states.  I have a 100MHz reference clock and operating single lane duplex at 2.5Gbps, looping back with another Kintex-7.

There seems to be a ~10% failure rate that sometimes instead of working perfectly, the output of the TX is a sinusoid at half the link rate (1.25GHz).  Using an ILA, I see that the rxresetdone is periodically asserting and deasserting.  Is it possible there is noise at start up that can be causing this and I should try using rxcdrovrden?  Any ideas what this can be or ways to debug this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
akozak
Observer
Observer

I am still not sure of why this is happening but this is resolved by pulsing the pma_init after the power on reset sequence (Fig 3-2 PG074 p66).  Any ideas as to what can be causing this would be great!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
akozak
Observer
Observer

I am still not sure of why this is happening but this is resolved by pulsing the pma_init after the power on reset sequence (Fig 3-2 PG074 p66).  Any ideas as to what can be causing this would be great!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos