cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Aurora 64b/66b works with optical loopback but not board to board

I am trying to establish an Aurora interface between to boards.  I have two identical HTG-830 boards with SFP+ FMC boards on them.  I have set up the Aurora IP the same on both boards..

Capture.PNG

Both boards work with an optical loopback cable.  However, when I connect the boards together with an optical cable, I do not get a LANE-UP or CHANNEL_UP.  I have tried different cables, different FMC boards, single SFP's, QSFPs... always the same.  Any ideas what the problem could be or where to start looking.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Using QSFP ?

pins swapped ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I don't think so.  I also tried two FMC boards with a single SFP+ transceivers that I have used in the past with an Aurora 8b/10b design on a VC709 and it had the same behavior.

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

*** UPDATE ***

I replaced the 64b/66b IP with the 8b/10b version and it works fine.  So I am pretty sure my FMC boards are operational.

Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Interesting

I have "memory" of there being a minimum data rate that the 64/66 worked at, below that the recommendation was to use 8/10,

but I can't find the reference.

Have you trawled through the answer records for the core,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can you try setting the equalization mode to LPM in the GUI with Aurora 64B66B?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos