cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Aurora near-end loopback does not work

I am doing near-end loopback modes 1 or 2 on an ultrascale+ production part using 2019.2.  It meets timing.

I send a single 256b word when aurora is ready, simultaneously updating the PRN that defines the contents of the word.  I send N words.

I receive a single 256b word when aurora tells me there is valid data simultaneously updating a mirror PRN with the same seed.  I receive N-x words.

The N-x received words received match those transmitted.  This could only happen if aurora is not sending all words back that it accepted.

The X shortfall varies with how many I send (x/N=~1.6%).  Furthermore in loopback mode 1 aurora sends me a sys_reset_out roughly every N words, but it does not in loopback mode 2.

I am not using native flow control because no one has answered the question of whether that is required.  I am not setting RXOUTCLKSEL to anything because no one has advised yet on whether that is needed for this register to register transfer.   Even if it was required, I have no way to set that control signal because I have not received an answer to where to find or get the gt_wizard for doing that.

So without further input from Xilinx, I have to conclude that near-end loopback does not work and Xilinx is maintaining complete silence.  If it does work, show me the fault in this logic.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Have you tested this design in simulation?   This would be the fastest way to find this problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

The simulation always shows the correct answer, but it does not simulate the innards of the Aurora IP.

0 Kudos