cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

BRAM as a buffer

Good Morning,

Il try to use a BRAM writer/reader IP with a block memory generator to create a buffer. 

This buffer will store the incoming data coming from an ADC; the level of the buffer is given by the register of the Block Ram Writer that can be monitored with the sts_data interface; this interface is connected to a Axis status register. A C program on the CPU side checks the Axis status register to retrieve the data from the BRAM reader IP block.

Unfortunatly nothing works as expected and the value of the Axis status register stay blocked at 0.

Here attached the diagram of the IP blocks.

BRAM-Buffer.PNG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar
Scholar

@cvasselin,

What type of clock are you using for the BRAM?

Is this an AXI_BRAM?

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

The same clock used by all te others IP ; see diagram attached.

Best regards,

BRAM-Clock.PNG
0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

@cvasselin,

Unfortunatly nothing works as expected and the value of the Axis status register stay blocked at 0.

I would first check if data is being written to the BRAM or not. The READ side check comes later if the write side is working fine.

Get an ILA core connected on the WRITE side and observe if the BRAM is getting properly filled.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

I've never used the ILA core before; what the use and how to implement it ?

0 Kudos