cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Block Memory Generator 2.7 IP core is not generating in my ISE

Hi,

I am using xilinx ISE 10.1 Version.I am using widows XP. I am attaching one image here.I am getting this error.Pleasee see.How to solve it?

image.JPG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
eteam00
Instructor
Instructor

If you don't want to wait to troubleshoot this, I would recommend downloading and installing ISE 12.4 or ISE 13.2.

If it's a software bug, ISE 10.1 is not going to be updated, and you'll be installing a newer version.

If it's your PC which is messed up, or a problem with your ISE 10.1 install, you will need to re-install ISE to prove that ISE is (or is not) the problem.  In any case, re-installing ISE is likely.

Just my wild guess, and I'm not a software support guy.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi eteam00,

Shall i install again after uninstalling this software?If i want to reinstall the software (tool), wether PC has to be formatted?

0 Kudos
eteam00
Instructor
Instructor

You don't need to uninstall 10.1.

Do not format your hard disk.  Do not re-install Windows.

Just install 12.4.  Change one thing at a time or your system will be a total mess and you will have no idea what caused it.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
kotir
Scholar
Scholar

Have a look at the following AR.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/30055.htm

Its better to upgade to latest version of tools there are many issues fixed in later versions of the IP.

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos