UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Can I send video over Aurora 64/66?

Jump to solution

Aurora 64/66 AXI-Stream interface does not have TUSER signal.  TUSER is used to send Start of Frame by VDMA IP core.  So is it possible to send video over Aurora 64/66?

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can I send video over Aurora 64/66?

Jump to solution

This is covered in the XAPP link I shared with you. 

You can also refer to the below snapshot for details. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
8 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Yes you can send it. Please refer to https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1216-axi-chip2chip-aurora.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Tks for fast reply.

Since it is using Aurora as phy, does that mean it can connect across short distance fiber optics as well?

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Yes you can use it for short distances as well.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I read the specs for AXI Chip2chip IP.  It does not have I/O port for AXI-S video stream.  Pls recommend how I can use it to send video frame buffer.  I am familiar with AXI VDMA but I do not know how to interface to this IP.

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

This is covered in the XAPP link I shared with you. 

You can also refer to the below snapshot for details. 

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry about that,  I forgot about the xapp.  Tks

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

The suggested solution converts AXI-S to a memory mapped write at destination.  I prefer to maintain the destination as AXI-S interface.  So instead of Chip2chip->Aurora ---->  Aurora -> Chip2chip  connection, I am thinking of keeping it as Aurora -----> Aurora connection.  

So to solve the problem of no AXI-S TUSER signal, I intend to intercept the AXI-S stream and generate a UFC or USER_K frame every time there is TUSER signal.  Then at destination, I will use UFC ot USER_K frame to re-produce TUSER signal.

But my question is should I use UFC or USER_K interface.  From user guide I am able to understand the workings of UFC interface, and it seems I can use it for other purposes beside flow control.  But information on USER_K is sparse.

Can you advise which interface should I use and why?

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi wtneo@leica,

Could you get it working with UFC ? or you found some wayout to send TUSER ?

thanks

0 Kudos