cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reconfigure Aurora IP's Configuration of FIFO Generation

The Aurora IP instantiated in my design. I locked the design so I could manually replace the sub-IP with a reconfigured FIFO Generation IP. Another Xilinx Help Thread showed that for many Ultrascale Hierarchical IPs, you can't change the IS_MANAGED property and the IP can only be lockedThe Aurora IP instantiated in my design. I locked the design so I could manually replace the sub-IP with a reconfigured FIFO Generation IP. Another Xilinx Help Thread showed that for many Ultrascale Hierarchical IPs, you can't change the IS_MANAGED property and the IP can only be lockedimage.pngWhat I want to do is change the FIFO Implementation for this IP. However, since this is a managed SUB-IP, I'm unable to and it's greyed out. (Additionally, I reconfigured this IP in a separate project, brought the XCI back into my project replacing it, and the FIFO implementation never changed).What I want to do is change the FIFO Implementation for this IP. However, since this is a managed SUB-IP, I'm unable to and it's greyed out. (Additionally, I reconfigured this IP in a separate project, brought the XCI back into my project replacing it, and the FIFO implementation never changed).

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to modify the parameters of managed IPs for Ultrascale IPs.

Specifically, for the Aurora IP, there are a couple of FIFO36E2's that are used via the FIFO Generator IP, however, I want the IP to instead use a different FIFO implementation.

The HDL of the Aurora IP supports different FIFO types (eg, the ports to the instantiated FIFOs are generic enough where I could just use a different FIFO implementation). 

So currently, since this is a managed sub-IP, I'm unable to change the FIFO implementation of the sub-IP (it's greyed out).

I was recommended to change the IS_MANAGED property, however for many Ultrascale Hierarchical IPs, this is not possible. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57546.html

So I changed the IS_LOCKED property to true, reconfigured the FIFO Generator IP in a separate project, and rebrought the reconfigured XCI back into my project.

However even after / then, the IP in my new project still shows the old FIFO parameters.

A. How can I modify sub-IPs to reflect this change? (Is this even possible?)

1 Reply
rkhatri

Hi andrewbraun@engineering.ucla.edu ,

I think changing inside IP will not work.

Thanks,
Rahul Khatri
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo or Accept as a solution, If this Post helped you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos