Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aparna_MK
Visitor
Visitor

Creating a custom IP peripheral to communicate with Zynq PS

Jump to solution

Is it possible to create a custom IP peripheral (other than AXI peripheral) and send signals to it through Zynq PS? Is it possible to make connections between 2 different axi slave peripherals?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@Aparna_MK ,

AXI what? AXI4 full, AXI-Stream,..... ?

Is it possible to create a custom IP peripheral (other than AXI peripheral) and send signals to it through Zynq PS?

Depends on what do you mean by signals. A custom IP peripheral can send interrupt to the PS and in this case it is a signal which does not need an AXI style interconnect.

Is it possible to make connections between 2 different axi slave peripherals?

Connections using the AXI i/f? No...definitely not!

Because AMBA AXI protocols are Master-Slave based protocols. So how do you think two AXI slaves can talk to each other?

Connections using other ports....yes.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@Aparna_MK ,

AXI what? AXI4 full, AXI-Stream,..... ?

Is it possible to create a custom IP peripheral (other than AXI peripheral) and send signals to it through Zynq PS?

Depends on what do you mean by signals. A custom IP peripheral can send interrupt to the PS and in this case it is a signal which does not need an AXI style interconnect.

Is it possible to make connections between 2 different axi slave peripherals?

Connections using the AXI i/f? No...definitely not!

Because AMBA AXI protocols are Master-Slave based protocols. So how do you think two AXI slaves can talk to each other?

Connections using other ports....yes.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos