cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Customising of FIFO generator IP

While executing the sample IP example I am not getting the data out value while reading. Empty signal is remaining continuously '1'. How to perform read operation in FIFO generator IP properly?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @mitesh_kalal 

Fifo generator to work properly , you have to follow the reset guidelines given in FIFO generator IP.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/fifo_generator/v13_2/pg057-fifo-generator.pdf

The reset guidelines are different for different configuration in the FIFO generator.

There is "Reset" section starting from page 127. Check the reset guidelines for configurations you are aimed to.

Additionally for your particular configuration you can generate the IP example design where testbench is provide , you can refer that as well.

To open the IP example design , right click to IP-> Open IP example design.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

I did simulation of IP example and for that only I was not getting dout. It is continuously showing 0 in waveforms and other than that empty signal is also remaining 1.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can you post thee waveform of this simulation showing the clocks, read enable, write enable, data in, data out, reset and empty flag?

Highlighted

Hi @mitesh_kalal 

Send me your IP configuration file  (.XCI) file  or sent the IP configuration tab pictures and let me know the VIVADO version you are using .

and Third party simulator details if you are using for simulation.

Highlighted

I am attaching the IP configuration tab.

ip.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @mitesh_kalal 

This is just the basic tab . Please provide all Tab details (Native port , status flag...)  or provide .xci file.

I sent you the FTP link to attach your XCI.

Additionally provide simulator details.

Highlighted

I  am attaching the output waveforms.

ip_output.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @mitesh_kalal 

Thanks for sharing the XCI and waveforms.

I checked in latest version (VIVADO 2019.2) and VIVADO 2018.2 you are using .

In latest version , I am observing the expected simulation results

2019.2.JPG

In VIVADO 2018.2  simulation results are also intended.

2018.2.JPG

Suggestion :

Run the simulation longer , wr_en is asserted at about 35.us.

In your simulation you are only checking first  20us

0 Kudos