cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Error in SD-SDI transmission using GTX

Hello!

I'm using the xapp1249 to run SDI transmitter and receiver. I have used the reference design with some minor changes. In my design I'm going to use a UHD-SDI IP-Core with two GTX transceivers. I mean ?I want to share an IP-Core between two transceivers which are working independently. For this porpuse, I have instantiated two GTXCTRLs and two GTXs. One is for Tx-only and the other is for Rx. I have connected wires to each of them independently. For the GTX and GTXCTRL which is transmitting data the Rx input pins are tied to ground and the outputs are left unconnected. A same structure is used for the transceiver which is only receiving. A point is that for the Tx one, DRU pins are also left unconnected and tied to zero. I think this is correct because as I understood DRU is a unit which is useful in Rx SD-SDI.

The problem I'm seeing is that the TX transceiver is not working is SD-SDI format. HD and 3G are correct, but in SD mode there's no output. I have checked everything I could. The data is corrctly given to the UHD-SDI IP-Core. The tx_sd_ce is behaving correctly and .... But there's no output in SD format. Any help is highly appreciated.

If you need to know my software and hardware properties are:

Vivado 2018.1

Kintex-7 325T

Regards,

Herman

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor
Contributor

Can't anyone help me with this please?

0 Kudos