cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diho
Visitor
Visitor

Fresh 2020.2 on Ubuntu 20.04 get error when adding Miroblaze to design

I used Vivado on Windows for some months. Now I installed it in Ubuntu 20.04. My old designs for Digilent Arty S7-50 run fine - as long as they don't contain a Microblaze. The I get this list of errors when opening a block diagram (see below).
Then I created a new project for Arty S7, created an empty block design and added a Microblaze from IP cataloque -OK. Then I executed autoconfigure. I choose microcontroller, no interrupts, basic debug.
Same proble, I got the erros below.
It seems something is broken.

ERROR: [Ip 78-140] conversion to double from string is failed
FALSE
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3188] Error occurred while initializing 'design_1_clk_wiz_1_0'
Tcl error in update procedure while setting value 'MMCM' on the parameter 'PRIMITIVE'. FALSE

ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3428] Failed to create Customization object design_1_clk_wiz_1_0
CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-5622] Failed to create IP instance 'design_1_clk_wiz_1_0'. Failed to customize IP instance 'design_1_clk_wiz_1_0'. Failed to load customization data
ERROR: [BD 41-1712] Create IP failed with errors
ERROR: [BD 5-7] Error: running create_bd_cell -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:clk_wiz:6.0 -type ip -name clk_wiz_1 .
WARNING: [xilinx.com:ip:microblaze:11.0-100] Failed to apply rule. Error message: "ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors."

0 Kudos
3 Replies
diho
Visitor
Visitor

Ok, found the answer by myself.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51331.html

Hey folks, this problem exists since 2013 and no fix ????  -- you can't be serious

0 Kudos
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @diho 

If you follow the suggested workaround in the AR and change the Regional and Language settings to use US-English does it work for you?

Thanks,

Sandy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
diho
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Sandy,

No, because I want to use my system in German configuration.
I use it not only for Vivado.
Would an American accept a car with Kilometer speedo ?

Finally I removed Vivado from the Linux machine and use my old private Windows PC.
An interim solution. For my company environment not acceptable.

0 Kudos