Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefano134
Observer
Observer

IP Evaluation License JESD204

Jump to solution

hello,
I've been struggling for over a month now with a xilinx IP and I can't get it to show signs of life. the IP is JESD204, and I couldn't find a working project anywhere. I'm using the evaluation license. scrolling through the posts I found this :" https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xilinx-IP-Catalog/JEDS204-Example-design-with-Vivado-2018-1/td-p/871614 ".
where, if i understood correctly, it says that the evaluation license is not working. i would like to know if this is true or i misunderstood.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@Stefano134 

I think the post you referenced is referring more to the "time-out" feature of an "Evaluation" license.  With the proper version of the evaluation license, the design can target hardware but will timeout after a period of time.  However, it sounds like your design is not working at all but not sure if it is in simulation or hardware.

You can reference the post below regarding which license you may have.

The JEDS204 LogiCORE IP Product Guide (PG066; v7.2) describes the Example Design in Chapter 5 that can be generated in Vivado.  You configure your JESD204 LogiCOREIP, generate the IP, then right-click the JESD204 XCI file and select "Open IP Example Design...".  My particular example design was for a JESD204 TX but you can configure however you desire.

forums_jesd204_exdes.png

I hope this helps.
Please Reply, Kudos, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@Stefano134 

I think the post you referenced is referring more to the "time-out" feature of an "Evaluation" license.  With the proper version of the evaluation license, the design can target hardware but will timeout after a period of time.  However, it sounds like your design is not working at all but not sure if it is in simulation or hardware.

You can reference the post below regarding which license you may have.

The JEDS204 LogiCORE IP Product Guide (PG066; v7.2) describes the Example Design in Chapter 5 that can be generated in Vivado.  You configure your JESD204 LogiCOREIP, generate the IP, then right-click the JESD204 XCI file and select "Open IP Example Design...".  My particular example design was for a JESD204 TX but you can configure however you desire.

forums_jesd204_exdes.png

I hope this helps.
Please Reply, Kudos, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Stefano134
Observer
Observer

thanks for the clarification

0 Kudos