cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heart5678
Visitor
Visitor

IP Logicore generator problem

I am using the hardware evaluation version of the PCI-Express PIPE IP core for the spartan-3 PCI-E starter kit I purchased and I am having a problem generating the core.  After I have customized the core the generating process displays the text "ERROR:coreutil - Portability:78 - Port_Compress::GetNextRecord() : This is not a XILINX ZIP" in the console window.  The generating progress bar reaches 80% within maybe 20seconds, but slows down logarithmically and seems to jam at 98%.  However, if I click the cancel button the program responds so I'm guessing maybe something is wrong with my license file or something is corrupt.  The other free IP cores I have had no problem with.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to run coregen standalone, thus: Start -> Run -> coregen -ddd. The -ddd will launch coregen in verbose debug mode and this might give more detailed information about the problem in the console window.

0 Kudos
heart5678
Visitor
Visitor

I ran the console debug -ddd option and here is the last few lines displayed when the core generation reaches 20%:

DEBUG[cmsg] - copyRecursing: on LNA file: G:\Xilinx\coregen\ip\xilinx\network\com\xilinx\ip\pci_express_pipe_v1_5\netlists\pci_exp_1_lane_epipe_ep.licensed.lna
ERROR:coreutil - Portability:78 - Port_Compress::GetNextRecord() : This is not a XILINX ZIP
DEBUG[] - Last:0 Text:EVENT_NOTIFY:24 0 0 0 <errmsg>null</errmsg> <txtmsg>...</txtmsg>

Then these two lines are displayed over and over until the generation halts at 98%:
DEBUG[guienginenotify] - ...
DEBUG[] - Last:0 Text:EVENT_NOTIFY:24 0 0 0 <errmsg>null</errmsg> <txtmsg>...</txtmsg>
0 Kudos
chrisar
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you ever find yourself haing to run coregen in debug more, then you should open a case with the Xilinx Technical Support, as that means there is a bug in the software that needs to be addressed.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/services/contact_info.htm
Chris
Versal ACAP: AI Engines | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
moraali
Explorer
Explorer

Good morning

i am working on EDk 9.2. i know in Xilinx  C, we use xil_printf for printf. But do use for scanf? How can I find this solution 

Thanks 

0 Kudos