07-07-2020 05:37 AM
The goal is to test the JESD204B interface on the hardware.
The application involves the below chain -
PRBS DATA --> JESD204B TX --> JESD204B PHY --> JESD204B RX --> PRBS DETECT
I read the product guide of JESD204 and JESD204 PHY.
But still unsure of the signals have to be used in the application.
Can anyone pl share any reference block design for the application??
07-09-2020 09:15 AM - edited 07-09-2020 09:16 AM
Did you try generating example designs for the JESD modules ?
1) Create a new project, add JESD204_phy and two JESD204 IPs to the block design.
2) Setup one JESD204 IP as Receive and the other one as Transmit.
3) Setup desired parameters for the JESD204 RX and TX IPs. eg - no. of lanes, F, K, line rate.
4) In the JESD204 TX IP, you may want to check "Include RPAT Generator" and "Include JPAT Generator".
5) Once you have customized the IPs, right click on it in the block design and select "Open IP example design".
6) Inside the example design, run simulation and observe the signals changing state.
This will give an idea of the working of JESD IPs. Based on this understanding, you can connect the signals to test loopback. Also, when you're setting up loopback, make sure the link parameters of RX and TX are same
07-15-2020 07:57 AM
07-22-2020 11:32 PM
Hi @priya_mp ,
You can refer to this link for Design and Debugging.