Did you mean: 
zofre_rauhut
Observer
Observer

LogiCoore IP FIFO: Clock Constraint

Jump to solution

Hi,

a very simple question, but I can't find a solution:

during synthesis and place&route every- time I got the critical warning that no clock-constraint is present for the clock-inputs of he FIFO => where can I edit the clock-constraint for the FIFO?

Thanks

Best Regards

Bodo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ckarman
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The core clock constraint is sourced by the .xci file automatically. If you need to edit the constraints (which seems you do), you can find the constraints at:

<project_directory>/<project>_srcs/sources_1/ip/<core_name>/<core_name>/<core_name>_*.xdc.

There will be three .xdc files (depending on your configuration).

It seems that you just need to issue a "create_clock" constraint on the clk source nets.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

Can you post the actual warning?  Normally clocks are constrained at the top level of the design,

so the only additional "constraint" you need for a FIFO is the clock ratio between read and write

clocks, and then only if your core uses the built-in FIFO logic.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
zofre_rauhut
Observer
Observer

Hi,

attached you will find the actual warnings,

Best regards

Bodo

Synthesis_Implementation_critical_warnings.png
0 Kudos
ckarman
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The core clock constraint is sourced by the .xci file automatically. If you need to edit the constraints (which seems you do), you can find the constraints at:

<project_directory>/<project>_srcs/sources_1/ip/<core_name>/<core_name>/<core_name>_*.xdc.

There will be three .xdc files (depending on your configuration).

It seems that you just need to issue a "create_clock" constraint on the clk source nets.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
I would recommend to use latest version of core . there is few changes in latest version specially on constraint side for better performance
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos