Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ambrown0430
Contributor
Contributor

RFDC Driver 2020.1 Failing

Jump to solution

I am working on initializing an instance of the RFDC driver in Vitis. I go through the same steps as the examples. When I am debugging it seems to get caught up after calling XRFdc_IsADCBlockEnabled. The call path is XRFdc_CfgInitialize to XRFdc_ADCInitialize to XRFdc_IsADCBlockEnabled. This call runs line 1334 BlockEnableReg = XRFdc_ReadReg(InstancePtr, XRFDC_IP_BASE, XRFDC_ADC_PATHS_ENABLED_OFFSET);

It does not return from this call (located on line 234 in io.h). The specific line it stops at is return atomic_load_explicit((atomic_ulong *)ptr, order);

Is there something else in Vitis or in the hardware that needs configured? When running it through the emulator it works.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ambrown0430
Contributor
Contributor

The problem was solved. Originally I was using the IP example design for the RFDC IP block and then added the Zynq block. This left several external axi interface ports that were not being driven by anything (including a clk port). Once these were removed and I connected the pl_clk output from the Zynq to the RFDC, the driver was able to be accessed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ambrown0430
Contributor
Contributor

The problem was solved. Originally I was using the IP example design for the RFDC IP block and then added the Zynq block. This left several external axi interface ports that were not being driven by anything (including a clk port). Once these were removed and I connected the pl_clk output from the Zynq to the RFDC, the driver was able to be accessed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos