cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SelectIO Wizard (Artix-7) v.s. High Speed SelectIO Wizard (KU3P)

Hello,

I am migrating a design from Artix-7 (xc7a200t) to Kintex-7 Ultrascale+ (xcku3p) and I need to convert my LVDS deserializer.

To generate it under Artix-7 (SelectIO Wizard) it was simple :

• 1x LVDS clock
  • 8x LVDS clock
  • DDR mode + serialization factor of x4 
  • 32-bit resulting output deserialized bus 

Now I am trying to generate equivalent design under Kintex-7 Ultrascale+ (High Speed SelectIO Wizard) and it seems more complicated :

• RX Only + Center DDR + Serialization factor x4 on [Basic] tab.
  • I select "LVDS" for Differential IO Std on [Advanced] tab.
  • I enable 8x LVDS data pairs + 1x LVDS clock pair on [Pin Selection] tab.

What about [Enable N-side RX bitslice] on [Advanced] tab ? I checked Xilinx documentation, no more information given, it just repeats the name of the option as explanation.

Naively I thought output data are built both from P and N LVDS inputs (as for Artix-7). Does it mean - for Kintex-7 Ultrascale+ - that P and N signals are deserialized independently ? Can I simply uncheck [Enable N-side RX bitslice] to keep only P data to get something similar to my design in Artix-7 ? Or should I implement externally something more complicated to check correct alignment of P and N deserialized data ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best Regards

Xavier CROUZY

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @xcrouzy 

Can I simply uncheck [Enable N-side RX bitslice] to keep only P data to get something similar to my design in Artix-7

-> Yes , in this case your datapath will be

LVDS P/N pair -> IBUFDS for differential to single ended -> Single ended data  connected to P-side RX bitslice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your answer. And sorry for the delay of my feedback, I had switched on another project.

I am going to try this and will come back to close the discussion if it works.

Best Regards

0 Kudos