cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

UltraRAM - implementation via Block design (1MB)

Jump to solution

Hi All,

It's my first time here so please be gentle :)

I am trying to implement a 1MB ultraram in my design.

In order to do so I have used an AXI Interconnect, AXI BRAM controller and Block Memory Generator.

The Block Memory Generator was set to the followings:

1. mode - BRAM Controller

2. Memory Type - True Dual Port RAM

3. Primitive type - URAM

Since the URAMs are 72bit wide and 4K deep I have set the AXI BRAM Controller to 64bit wide, and at the Address Editor i have changed the memory range to 1M (we are aiming for 1MB memory size).

unfortunately I keep getting a critical massage stating the following: 

"[BD 41-1266] </axi_bram_ctrl_1/S_AXI/Mem0> at <0xC2000000 [ 8K ]> and </axi_bram_ctrl_1/S_AXI/Mem0> at <0xC2000000 [ 1M ]> are mapped into related masters </axi_ethernet_0_dma/Data_MM2S> and </microblaze_0/Data> at different ranges"

So my questions are:

1. How can I solve the critical issue?

2. Is it the right way to implement 1MB ultraram using the block design diagram.

Thanks in advance,

Refael Torika

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

The resolution is 

In the address editor @torikar missed one section on changing it 1M instead of 8K.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@torikar Please close this thread with additional findings if any.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

The resolution is 

In the address editor @torikar missed one section on changing it 1M instead of 8K.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@torikar Please close this thread with additional findings if any.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos