cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madara99
Visitor
Visitor

Using Multiple Fifos simultaneously

I have been able to use single FIFO easily. I was wondering if simultaneous use of multiple fifos would cause any problem. I am trying to load two camera images into 2 FIFOs and then send them to DDR2 memory and read them back to VGA FIFO and display via FIFO.

I am having strange results with parts of images repeated on using multiple fifos.Does any body know if it is possible to use 2 FIFOs at the same time.

CAMERA FIFo is BRAM independent clk of write width 8 and read width 64 and VGA fifo is read width 8 and write width 64.

Help  of any kind is awaited.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can use n number of FIFO within available resources. Please make sure all the control signals asserted properly.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can use n number of FIFO within available resources. Please make sure all the control signals asserted properly.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos