Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

XADC in ZYNQ

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am currently using an XADC in unipolar mode, and I am trying to save in I/O. So I was wondering if the XADC can still work if its auxiliary _N inputs are not connected (or all connected to the same ground pin). Any information or suggestion is welcome.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@_underscore_ 

Welcome to the Forum!

I am currently using an XADC in unipolar mode, and I am trying to save in I/O.  So I was wondering if the XADC can still work if its auxiliary _N inputs are not connected (or all connected to the same ground pin)

On UltraScale devices (where the XADC is called SYSMON), it is possible to connect an analog input only to the P-side (VAUXP) and use COMMON-N to have all the N-sides connected to a common ground.  -see UG580(v1.10) pages 32-34 for details. When using VAUX connections on UltraScale, you must be careful about connections for unused VCCO pins as described by tenzinc in the following post.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Versal-and-UltraScale/Ultrascale-XADC-non-linearity/m-p/1131049

On 7-Series devices (where the XADC is called the XADC), “all analog input channels are differential and require two package balls” as stated on page 17 of UG480(v1.10.1).  For 7-Series devices, you will find the XADC Wizard described by document, PG091, to be a convenient tool for setting up and using the XADC in your design.

Cheers,
Mark

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

@_underscore_ 

Welcome to the Forum!

I am currently using an XADC in unipolar mode, and I am trying to save in I/O.  So I was wondering if the XADC can still work if its auxiliary _N inputs are not connected (or all connected to the same ground pin)

On UltraScale devices (where the XADC is called SYSMON), it is possible to connect an analog input only to the P-side (VAUXP) and use COMMON-N to have all the N-sides connected to a common ground.  -see UG580(v1.10) pages 32-34 for details. When using VAUX connections on UltraScale, you must be careful about connections for unused VCCO pins as described by tenzinc in the following post.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Versal-and-UltraScale/Ultrascale-XADC-non-linearity/m-p/1131049

On 7-Series devices (where the XADC is called the XADC), “all analog input channels are differential and require two package balls” as stated on page 17 of UG480(v1.10.1).  For 7-Series devices, you will find the XADC Wizard described by document, PG091, to be a convenient tool for setting up and using the XADC in your design.

Cheers,
Mark

View solution in original post